PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
—–> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION <—–
The Billiard Education Foundation (BEF) is pleased to offer you the opportunity to host a Junior State Championship event for the 29th Annual Junior National 9-Ball Championships. Top finisher(s) from the Junior State Championships qualify to compete against other billiard student-athletes from all over the United States.
The BEF Junior Nationals is the most prestigious youth billiard event in North America. The 2017 will be held August 2-5, 2017 at the South Point Hotel & Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Top young cueists will compete for academic scholarships, prizes, and an opportunity to represent North America at the World Pool-Billiard Association (WPA) World Junior 9-Ball Championships.
Junior State Championships are held nationwide. Please submit your application to host a state championship no later than Friday, May 26, 2017. Applications received by May 26 will be accepted based on available state championships in your state and the available number of Junior Nationals entries. Each location may host only (1) unique junior state championship, e.g. CO Jr. State 8-Ball Championships vs. CO Jr. State 9-Ball Championships. We encourage you to apply early to ensure you are able to host the event of your first choice. All events, regardless of discipline, will qualify for the BEF Junior National 9-Ball Championships.
Hosts may award one (1) berth into Junior Nationals per division held. Additional spots may be awarded based on a ratio of one (1) per four (4) state championship participants (based on availability).
- Determine date and location where your event will be held. Junior State Championships are to be held on a Saturday and/or Sunday by June 4, 2017.
- Determine what event(s) and division(s) you will host. You may choose all or part of the following divisions: 18 & Under Boys, 14 & Under Boys, 18 & Under Girls and 14 & Under Girls. Divisions may vary but players will compete in their respective divisions at nationals. Should you choose to make your junior state championship coed; the top finishing girls from each age division will be recognized at nationals. Girls are encouraged to participate in qualifier events, but all nominated girls are invited to participate at nationals. Fees may apply.
- Complete the BEF Junior National 9-Ball Championships State Championship Application and submit with your $600 registration fee plus $80 per additional entry (based on availability) to the BEF at the address below by May 26, 2017.
- Promote the event to ensure its success. Additional BEF marketing material available upon request.
- Host prize package valued at over $1,000, which includes:
- Voucher for one (1) cut of Simonis cloth of choice for up to a 9’ table (retail value: $275) OR one (1) set of Aramith Tournament Balls (retail value: $370)
- Exclusive Wholesale Pricing for additional cuts of Simonis cloth (for qualifying rooms)
- $50 Discount toward a *NEW* Membership to the Billiard Congress of America (BCA)
- Additional Discounts may apply to existing BCA Room Owners
- (1) custom Pechauer jump cue (retail value: $150)
- (6) BRAD Scuffers (retail value: $14.95)
- (2) gross of Masters Chalk (retail value: $100)
- (1) annual subscription to Pool & Billiard magazine (retail value: $59.40)
- (1) annual subscription to Billiards Digest magazine (retail value: $47.40)
- Discounted annual Room Owner subscription & Places to Play listing in Professor Q Ball magazine
- A plaque announcing your venue as Official Host of the 2017 [STATE] Junior State [FORMAT] Championship.
- Room listed in the “Places to Play” section of the 2017 BEF Junior Nationals event program
- Room listed on BEF website under “Places to Play” section
Host prizes may be auctioned or raffled to help offset event expenses, or awarded to players.
- A full promotional package to include 11×17 full color event flyers and 5.5×8.5 handouts. (More available upon request.)
- Tournament brackets, junior membership forms and winners’ certificates. Host may also receive additional sponsored items for participants.
- Press releases sent to all billiards print and online media announcing event.
- A customized online event registration page.
- Event listing and possible mention on (but not limited to): billiardeducation.org, BEF public event calendar, BEF Newsletter, azbilliards.com, azbilliards.com forums, Pool & Billiards magazine (poolmag.com), BilliardsDigest.com, InsidePoolmag.com, ProfessorQBall.com, OnTheBreakNews.com, CueTimes.com, BilliardnDartNews.com, American Billiard Radio and Sneaky Pete Mafia.
- First right of refusal to host the same Junior State Championships the subsequent year.
- BEF rules for competition are those set by the World Pool-Billiard Association (WPA), www.wpa-pool.com.
- A 14 & under participant is allowed to play in an 18 & under division qualifier. However, if player qualifies for the Junior Nationals, they will be placed in their respective division at Junior Nationals.
- Players participating in the 14 & under divisions must be 14 or younger on or before the final day of Junior Nationals. If a player turns 15 on or before the final date of junior nationals, they must compete in the 18 & under division at Junior Nationals.
- Player participation in the 18 & under division must have a birth date after December 31, 1998 in order to participate in the BEF Junior Nationals and WPA World Junior Championships. Invitations to the World Juniors event does not bear any cash value.
- A player can only win one (1) berth into the BEF Junior National 9-Ball Championships. A qualified player is permitted to compete in other qualifier events, but once a player has earned a spot, the next qualifier he/she wins reverts to the next highest finisher which has not yet qualified. Any entry fees, awards and prizes remain with the event winner. The intent is to allow junior players to gain tournament competition experience. Any misuse of this privilege or poor sportsmanship may be cause for disqualification into Junior Nationals.
- Junior State Championship participants must be BEF Junior Members. Sign up at the tournament requires players to pay $10 for their BEF membership dues. This entitles them to compete in any BEF qualifier this season and the BEF Junior Nationals, along with other benefits (complete list of membership levels and benefits at www.billiardeducation.org). Host room may collect no more than $5 per player for green fees.
- Post-event forms (tournament results, junior membership forms, dues and event write up) must be mailed (or scanned & emailed) to the BEF address below within one week of your event to ensure that winners’ name(s) will get posted to the BEF website and to ensure they receive their Junior National registration information in a timely manner. If you require any assistance, please contact our office within one week of your event date.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Junior State Championships may be played on any size pool table. However, the Junior Nationals and the WPA World Junior Championships are played on nine-foot tables, please inform your players.
Thank you for supporting junior players and junior billiard programs. We look forward to assisting you in producing a successful junior state championship!