(For League Operators)
PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
—–> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION <—–
The Billiard Education Foundation (BEF) is pleased to offer your Junior League the opportunity to have one or more of your junior players participate in the BEF Junior National 9-Ball Championships. This will allow them to compete against the top young billiard student-athletes from the United States in the 2017 event.
The BEF Junior Nationals is the most prestigious youth billiard event in North America. Celebrating its 29th anniversary, this year’s event will be held August 2-5, 2017 at South Point Hotel in Las Vegas, NV. Top young cueists will compete for academic scholarships, prizes, and an opportunity to represent North America at the World Pool-Billiard Association (WPA) World Junior 9-Ball Championships.
Eligibility Requirements & Guidelines:
- Based on availability, league operators may reserve up to one (1) entry for every five (4) junior players in the league to participate in the BEF Junior National 9-Ball Championships. There is an $80.00 fee for each reserved entry.
- All participants of the BEF Junior Nationals must be enrolled in (and actively attending) a public or private school (including an accredited home school), unless graduated early.
- To be considered an eligible junior league, you are required to administer a minimum of four weeks of league play. League rosters and results must be submitted.
- Complete the BEF Junior National 9-Ball Championships League Entry Application and submit your $50 League Registration fee (plus $80 per each entry into Junior Nationals that you want to reserve and $10 for each reserved players’ BEF membership fee). Please note that although it is encouraged, we do not require that every member of your league be a member of the BEF, only those players that will be competing at Junior Nationals. By sending all applicable fees in advance, you may fax or e-mail the League Results Report and player membership application(s) when your session is over. Send application and fees to the BEF at the address below before May 13, 2017 to secure entries. Applications received May 13 will be accepted based on the number of entries available.
- BEF will supply the winner with a plaque that will be awarded at Junior Nationals.
- Players that qualify for Junior Nationals will be placed in their respective division at the event. The 4 divisions are as follows: 18 & Under Boys, 14 & Under Boys, 18 & Under Girls and 14 & Under Girls.
- Player participation in the 18 & under division must have a birth date after December 31, 1998 in order to participate in the BEF Junior Nationals and WPA World Junior Championships. Invitations to the World Juniors event does not have any cash value.
- Players participating in the 14 & under divisions must be 14 or younger on or before the final day of Junior Nationals. If a player turns 15 on or before August 5, 2017, they must compete in the 18 & under division at Junior Nationals.
- A player can only win one (1) berth into the BEF Junior Nationals 9-Ball Championships. That player is allowed to compete in other qualifiers, but once a player has earned an entry or won a qualifier for the upcoming year, the next qualifier he/she wins reverts to the next highest finisher which has not qualified. The entry, prizes and plaque are then given to that qualifying junior. The intent is to allow junior players to gain tournament competition experience. Any misuse of this privilege or poor sportsmanship may be cause for disqualification into Junior Nationals.
- Players who earn an entry into the Junior Nationals must complete a BEF Junior Billiard Membership form and pay a $10 membership fee in order to compete in the BEF Junior National 9-Ball Championships. The fee may be paid by the player or the junior league.
- League Results Report and Junior Billiards Membership application(s) must be submitted immediately following the conclusion of the league season, but no later than June 4, 2017 to ensure that winners’ name(s) will get posted to the BEF website and to ensure that the eligible player receives their Junior National registration information in a timely manner.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Leagues may be played on any size pool table. However, the Junior Nationals and the WPA World Junior Championships will be played on nine-foot tables, please inform your players.